Re: 190e 2.3-16v
From: LtWacko (LtWackoaol.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:34:15 -0700 (PDT)
I think it just might be me.  I thought the US Evo 1 16v's were a big  pile
of doo doo.  They looked great and fast when they were standing  still.  Then
you take the darn thing out on the track and then you felt  like you were
standing still.  Underpowered, underbraked.  I did like  the dog-leg first gear
however, the lower bolster under the steering column make  it difficult for me
heel and toe.  If I remember correctly, a common  upgrade was to bolt up one
of the 6 cylinder motors to the stock trans.  It  made the car more reliable
and faster!  Also, rust is a problem just like  all 190e's.

The above mentioned are based on "stock" cars.  Now I have a friend  with a
TURBO 16v.  That's the way the car should have come from the  factory...  fast
as hell!  Of course suspension and brakes were  upgraded and the car is
livable.  If by what you mean peeling tires up to  80 mph in the first 3 gears
livable!

If the chassis is good and may possibly want to upgrade in the future,  get
this car.  I love the looks.  Otherwise, go with a more modern AMG  model for
performance.

Rodney