How much is too much?
From: Peter Rychel (dino308gt4hotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 22:08:08 -0700 (PDT)

As was discussed on this list last weekend, many Listers posted how much mileage they have on their cars, prompted by Matt Boyd’s recent insurance appraisal. I was quite surprised at how many of you have cars into the six-figure mileage amounts. That’s impressive.

Reading this article though, gives me thought of how much is too much mileage in regards to value. How much penalty should an owner expect to get on the sale price of their car? And really, should it matter at all? It seems car values are based on condition, rather than simply on odometer totals (and if a car happens to have racked up 100K+ mi yet is in spectacular shape, does it deserve a lower sales price just because of the substantial mileage?).

It seems to be quite a shame that such amazing cars have been parked all of their life. Good thing none of them are rare and there are plenty of similar examples on the market with “normal” mileages on them:

www.classicdriver.com - why you should invest in low mileage classics

Peter

P.S. Here’s my odometer. I took it last weekend, but didn’t bother posting it as I passed the Friday contest deadline!:

Sent from Mail for Windows 10