BaT; was "Re: 1989 348 Sales Price"
From: George (ygpz4rehotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 05:50:00 -0700 (PDT)
Peter wrote:

"By the way, don?t consider selling your car on BaT. A friend of mine here in Vancouver recently sold a car through them and was extremely disappointed with their service. He tried four times to have the description changed and they screwed it up each time (with long delays between email replies). He gave up. Finally had to put the correct description in the comments section once the auction was up-and-running. The actual bidding process is flawed and not in real time. Many other complaints he said I found very surprising and disappointing as well. He has other cars for sale and won?t do it through them. He said they should?ve just stuck to being a chat-site, re-posting craigslist and ebay ads as when they started out, instead of this auction format that it?s now become."

Just as another data point, our experience with BaT was very different.  We sold my Dad's '65 E'Type there in June (July?) '16.  They were *very* responsive to my emails, questions, and concerns, and always got the changes exactly right.  In our case the bidding process was very "real-time" - I watched the last half hour or so, as the final bids came in.

I think the "right" venue to sell any car is dependent on the seller's needs.  For us, it worked (mostly - didn't quite get the price we'd hoped for, but can't blame BaT for that).  For Peter's friend, it didn't work.  YMMV.

gp

  • (no other messages in thread)