Trivial pursuit: Thermistor = oil sending unit
From: Michel Savard (mysavardvideotron.ca)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 14:31:38 -0700 (PDT)
Remember when I had my trouble with the oil temperature gauge. I fixed it with
the help of this list. The oil sending unit was disconnected.
But, one thing I couldn’t find in my parts manual was the famous oil unit
sender (or something like that) before going under the car. I went under the
car anyway and found the problem.
Then, I went back to the parts manual and found that the name for the oil
sending unit is actually THERMISTOR (tav 18 #34- #107576).

Why is that ?

Michael savard (1981 308 GTSi)