Re: Trivial pursuit: Thermistor = oil sending unit
From: Les Thompson (
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 14:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
Thermal resistor, device used in temperature sensing circuits. Nice of them to 
use the technical term for the device instead of its function in the car. 

Old school, when discussing car ignition systems, I tend to use condensor, but 
all other times refer to them as a capacitor.

Les T.

-----Original Message----- From: Michel Savard <mysavard [at]> 
Sent: Oct 5, 2018 2:31 PM To: Les Thompson <les21 [at]> Cc: The 
FerrariList <ferrari [at]> Subject: [Ferrari] Trivial pursuit: 
Thermistor = oil sending unit 

Remember when I had my trouble with the oil temperature gauge. I fixed it with 
the help of this list. The oil sending unit was disconnected. But, one thing I 
couldn’t find in my parts manual was the famous oil unit sender (or something 
like that) before going under the car. I went under the car anyway and found 
the problem. Then, I went back to the parts manual and found that the name for 
the oil sending unit is actually THERMISTOR (tav 18 #34- #107576). 

Why is that ? 

Michael savard (1981 308 GTSi) 
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit: 

Sponsored by and F1 Headlines

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.