Re: Trivial pursuit: Thermistor = oil sending unit
From: Les Thompson (les21ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 14:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
Thermal resistor, device used in temperature sensing circuits. Nice of them to
use the technical term for the device instead of its function in the car.

Old school, when discussing car ignition systems, I tend to use condensor, but
all other times refer to them as a capacitor.

Les T.

-----Original Message----- From: Michel Savard <mysavard [at] videotron.ca>
Sent: Oct 5, 2018 2:31 PM To: Les Thompson <les21 [at] ix.netcom.com> Cc: The
FerrariList <ferrari [at] ferrarilist.com> Subject: [Ferrari] Trivial pursuit:
Thermistor = oil sending unit

Remember when I had my trouble with the oil temperature gauge. I fixed it with
the help of this list. The oil sending unit was disconnected. But, one thing I
couldn’t find in my parts manual was the famous oil unit sender (or something
like that) before going under the car. I went under the car anyway and found
the problem. Then, I went back to the parts manual and found that the name for
the oil sending unit is actually THERMISTOR (tav 18 #34- #107576).

Why is that ?

Michael savard (1981 308 GTSi)