Re: Fwd: The new McLaren Speedtail – watch the global reveal now
From: Charles Perry (charlescarolinasound.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 09:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
Title: McLaren | Our first Hyper-GT

I respect their performance, but man, that’s an ugly car, at least on the outside. The inside is cool in a “cars becoming pods” kind of way. I’m sure it will look dated quickly (as most people’s imaginings of the future do).

The current McLaren design language seems  stuck in that realm. I’ve not seen a 720 in person yet, but that car seems to have no flattering angles in photography.

I did like the Senna. It wasn’t pretty by any means, but it at least had an appearance of form following function in the tradition of the F40. Maybe the Speedtail is an acres better performer, but when I put down that kind of coin, I want it to draw me into the garage four times a day just to look at it. That does not seem to be an attitude at McLaren. The Speedtail looks like more of a Bed, Bath and Beyond product to me.