PROVA license plate: GOT IT !
From: Michel Savard (mysavardvideotron.ca)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 11:11:32 -0700 (PDT)
Remember a few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had tried to get PROVA as my new
license plate here in Quebec ?
I was turned down because of  ‘road safety issues’ or something like that. But
they also said that you could argue your point if one was turned down. I did.

PROVA means, among other things, TEST (hence road safety issues, I guess). But
in Googling it, I saw it also means PROOF. As in “…..this is the proof of my
innocence”. That was the example Google gave. So, I wrote them (government SAAQ
) that "the word to me meant '…this is the proof of my success'. I dreamed of
owning a Ferrari since I was 17 years old when the 308 came out. PROVA to me is
the proof of my success”.

They bought it.

In their explanation to accept my request, they wrote that there was no
‘copyright infringement’. Nothing about road safety.

Now for those who don’t remember what I wrote, here is the story behind PROVA.
When I was a teenager, I read a lot of car magazines. Obviously, I loved
reading about journalists testing Ferraris. I saw many many pictures with a
license plate that said PROVA hanging behind those Ferraris being tested. I
always thought back then that this would be the ultimate personal license plate
to own as a Ferrari owner.

It only took 43 years. Patience has its rewards.

Michael Savard :))))))))))))))
1981 308 GTSi