Re: PROVA license plate: GOT IT !
From: George (ygpz4rehotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 04:44:56 -0800 (PST)
Peter,

Well, that's the other part which made no sense to me.  DMV issued the antique plates for the Spitfire, DMV issued the plates for the DD, why did they need yet *another* form from me, when all they had to do was check their own records?  I'm sure the cost of the additional form was much higher than merely checking a record....

I actually wrote a Letter to the Editor of the local paper about this, and made a snide remark about DMV's failure to appreciate the irony and "maybe that's *why* they work at the DMV...", but a colleague wisely recommended rewording that part - best to not piss off the DMV!  ;-)

gp