Re: Happy Holidays
From: Lashdeep Singh (lashdeepyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 06:26:08 -0800 (PST)
Dennis, great story!

You should stay.

Lashdeep

On Dec 11, 2018, at 20:30, Dennis Burleson <d_burles [at] bellsouth.net> wrote:

To all F listers:

Wishing all happy holidays. I apologize for my recent convoluted post. What started out as a reprieve for Clyde's elusive post concerning the sell of my vehicle turned into a shotgun editorial of my concave view of the world of Ferrari sales through the convex view of a motel peep hole at the world of Ferrari that is beyond my ignorant understanding.

To Brian; yes, I am poor and ignorant (Read:broke and stupid).  I just wanted to own one Ferrari in my life. I bought the cheapest Ferrari I could afford (I couldn't afford it). I borrowed the money against my house to make the purchase. I borrowed the money (again) against my house to buy the parts to do the deferred maintenance. Fortunately for me, I am talented with wrenches and machinery-- I could do all the work myself. Unfortunately, time was against me. I am old and in poor health. I could no longer maintain the car and my health is in decline, so I sold out.

I wish I was younger. Enzo said it best: "I build cars for young men that only old men can afford."

Best of luck to you,  Brian. You are a smart man and a world traveler. Sorry I bored you.

To all the other Listers, I'm OUT! I'm not educated nor affluent enough to maintain any correspondence, so I have been a "troll" for the past dozen years. I have to say that the list has been an ongoing education. Believe it or not, I originally found the list thinking that there was a classified listing of Ferrari cars for sale. I had been actively looking for a Ferrari 308 for sale and "lucked upon" a site that listed Ferrari cars for sale. Ha! Little did I I never knew that world class individuals were posting comments about Ferrari cars and experiences around the world! I was ecstatic! I have been able to travel the world and experience things that were never available to me because of the members of the Ferrari List!

Thanks to all for your input over the years. I will miss you all. I traveled the world because of you.

DB