Re: TPMS; was: Ferrari fear and other myths
From: Hans E. Hansen (FListhanshansen.org)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 09:11:50 -0700 (PDT)
In the past I have had cars that analyzed tire pressure like you
describe.  But I think - not positive - that system doesn't meet the
accuracy requirement of the newer regulations.  For example suppose
you have to replace a single tire.  The difference in tread depth - or
even if you had to get a different brand of tire, would make the
system give a false signal, as it compares the rotational speed
between tires.  Anyway, it seems all newer cars have sensors in the
wheels.

Hans.