Re: Mosport?
From: Jashburne (jashburneaol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 12:45:13 -0700 (PDT)
Mosport is a fast, fast track that likes cars with horsepower. I’ve vintage raced there several times, once in an Elva Courier and the rest in my 948cc Turner. Needless to say, it is tough to get into too much trouble in the small bore Turner but Turn 2 is challenging and fun to try to get right.

No accidents there but I did blow up two engines, both times on the long uphill Andretti Straight. Poor little Turner didn’t like how I flogged it trying to get some speed coming out of the comparatively slow Moss turn.

A more fun time was when I was in an enduro and the car wouldn’t start with our “LeMans” start where a friend taps you on the helmet so you can start the car. Got a push start about 30 seconds behind the field and just drove like hell. Felt “victory” when my drum brake Turner and I caught and passed a friend in a 948 Bugeye with disc brakes.

Fun times.

John

Sent from my iPhone