Re: Fwd: so you want to work on your ferrari but are scared to death.... - New reply to watched thread
From: Clarence Romero Jr. (clyderomerof4gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 05:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
I have driven both
And the F-1 by far is the way to go on modern cars especially the 575
Driven many 550’s and 1 575 stick
To me they are balky and not smooth at all
Cold weather no 2nd gear basically the 308 gear box as far as I am concerned
And I have over 100k on my 512 TR without a clutch replacement or gearbox issues
So I know how to drive a stick
As a little side note I owned a Honda Fit 2010 5 spd with 173k plus on it
Original clutch !
Getting back to the Ferrari box
I was not an original fan but I like it now having had one and have driven it like a 3 pedal car
In my opinion if drive it as such you will be fine
I found driving it the auto mode is very balky
I think that’s where a lot of the clutch wear occurs
Also I stay away from reverse as much as possible since the design introduces 20% slippage which causes increased clutch wear
I chose my parking spots wisely
You will never shift a manual as fast as you can with the F-1 box
You leave your foot planted and shift
The same with downshifts
And downshifts are a breeze and a lot of fun I might add
I plan on changing the gearbox fluid every 15k since you can’t get it all out at one time if you do this you will always have fresh fluid in the box
I would do this but when you read the specs on it you have to get it right and Ferrari has some special filler that makes sure you get it correct

I am not sure about this but from a rolling start around 40 mph when I have a clear road ahead of me like on I-65 headed towards mobile and I do a full throttle acceleration run
As big as this 575 car is it will break traction
As fast as you can paddle the car will shift
It will water you eyes !
I would love to catch a Vette or a Viper on a run like this
I might loose but it would not be by much!
I have never done a sport mode launch which they say will take your breath away

I am a convert now, they have done an excellent job with the F-1 box and my car is 17 years old
The new boxes must be even better
The only caveat I have is you drive it like a 3 pedal car

Hope I answered your question

     RF4-4EVR

Scars are Tattoos with better stories !

If you have no enemies, you have no character !

Clyde Romero

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail ( including attachments ) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U. S. C., Sections 2510-2521, and is intended only for the persons or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential or privileged material.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is prohibited.
This email transmission, and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it, may contain confidential information that is priviledged.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information containes in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail at Clyderomerof4 [at] gmail.com or  by telephone at (678 6419932)and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.

I wanted to suggest a bit of work on the 575 while we’re all hanging around so I’m glad that u brought it up first.
Latest FORZA has a paddle shift to stick conversion on a 575.  Thought u could do one to tell us the absolute differences of how the car drives.
Zooty

[...]

Begin forwarded message: