Re: Ok so the insanity continues....
From: Clarence Romero Jr. (clyderomerof4gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:08:36 -0800 (PST)
Those people who act like that are known as
Pricks!

Clyde Romero

If you have no enemies
You have no character !

Scars are tattoos with better stories!
When you're out of F-4's you're out of fighters!

On Nov 10, 2020, at 11:55 AM, scott saidel <scott_saidel [at] hotmail.com> wrote:

 FWIW, I had a $50M offer on my friend’s GTO once, when known transactions were only in the $30M range.  He thought about it for a few hours, but eventually declined, as he put it: “that is a big pile of money, but I have a lot of money, and I can’t drive around a pile of it … oh, and I REALLY like that car”. Finally sold it 10 years later - for all that and a little more.

So, to make the point - THAT car at THAT time was unbuyable at any price.

Way back when I was a snot nosed kid elbowing my way into the table where the big collectors sat - I quickly learned that most of those guys are unwilling to part with their cars - except maybe to each other (I have witnessed a whole lot of “I’ll trade you vinXXX for vinYYY” between them over the years).

Several, if not most of the really big collectors have expressed their reluctance to sell anything of particular provenance to an unknown (and by unknown I mean someone that they do not know will properly love and care for the cars).  Not a question of money - as most of those guys are far beyond worrying about money - but preservation of the breed!  It was always one of those things that I found special in Ferrari world.

I used to believe that I would have a seat at that table one day.  At this point, I am afraid that short of Powerball coming through it will never happen.  But, I’ll be happy to love and preserve a 308GT4 or Mondial - or, finances allowing it, a 550/575 one day.

Peace,

Scottie