Re: Aldo
From: George (ygpz4rehotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 05:50:52 -0800 (PST)
A bit of minor trivia (even if Doug's story is funnier) - In his (early/mid-90's??) autobio, Mario stated that he and Aldo only raced against each other one time (they could only afford one car, so it was shared) - Oswego County Speedway in Oswego, NY.  Interesting to me because I used to live very close to that small track.

gp

From: "Douglas Anderson" <dnt [at] dock.net>

Hans predicts ?. . . Doug will fill in.....?

Heh heh - I met Aldo one time ? at Riverside International Raceway ? CanAm, 1968 I think.  Mario was driving the Honker Ford Group 7 racer.  Mario is married and his personal life was never a topic for those ever so hot headlines on those bird cage bottom newspapers found at super market check out stands.  But Aldo was single.  So Mario is out on the track setting records and Aldo is in the infield, signing Mario?s autograph on posters for pretty girls and making dates.  The life of a twin is not all strife.

Cheers

Doug

  • Re: Aldo, (continued)
      • Re: Aldo Douglas Anderson, January 1 2021
        • Re: Aldo Lashdeep Singh, January 1 2021
        • Re: Aldo Douglas Anderson, January 1 2021
        • Re: Aldo Lashdeep Singh, January 3 2021
    • Re: Aldo George, January 4 2021