Re: Received new insulation- What kind of glue ? (Michel Savard)
From: Michel Savard (mysavardvideotron.ca)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 06:52:30 -0800 (PST)
I had just had some unglued insulation on my floor with the regular black carpet over it. Under the seat was a big square leather piece with the same unglued insulation. I literally washed the 2 big square leather pieces in the washing machine. After 40 years they needed a good wash. They look very good now. Behind the seats is one large piece of black carpet glued on the insulation. Since that big carpet is standing up and a bit heavy, the glue has to be very very good and work for many years. Like the original glue. The back shelf has a long black piece (actually 3 pieces glued together- see picture) that goes over the insulation hiding everything.
Saturday should be a good day to finish the job, just before the 3 football games on tv.
The 2 holes on the pictures are for the seat belts.
Michael Savard (1981 308 GTSi)