Glove for sunroof
From: Michel Savard (mysavardvideotron.ca)
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 10:37:27 -0800 (PST)
Yes I know about that ‘glove for sunroof’. But when I bought the car, it didn’t have that. I didn’t ask, forgot to ask, whatever, I was too excited I guess. It didn’t have the tool bag either. I check today before permanently sticking the heat shield on top of the shelf and didn’t see any of the things you mentioned. It’s as if, they didn’t built it to have a 'glove for sunroof' on my car. I just put my roof behind the seats and drive. Done that for 19 years.

Funny thing happened today. Inside the car, just behind the left ear of the driver (right ear of passenger), there is a part (TAV 110 INTERIOR TRIM #6 lower moulding, covered in leather, that’s about 3” wide and 9” tall hiding the frame where the rear triangular window ends. It’s held by 2 screws, one at bottom and one at the top. I just could not find the hole to screw in the top screw on driver side. I saw the old marks ‘BETWEEN’ an opening on the frame. Hard to explain, I wish I had my camera. Once the bottom screw is in its place, you can’t make a hole if there is no place for it. So, I decided to forget about a new hole, screwed in the bottom screw, everything was straight, screwed in the top screw into the opening and I guess the screw is just large enough to go in and stay in real tight. Very bizarre.

Michael Savard (1981 308 GTSi)