Re: its SMOG check time
From: Hans E. Hansen (FListhanshansen.org)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 09:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
Yeah, Wikipedia confirms - that it is methanol.  That's what used to
be used in Indy cars, back when they had Offy 4 cyl engines running
way too much turbo boost.

One problem is that it is corrosive.  Not sure why. But I've seen
carburetors taken off race cars that looked terrible.  If I were
trying it, I'd just leave it in the tank long enough to run the
emission test, then drain.  Or dilute with lots of gasoline.

Hans.