1978 308 intermediate fuel pump fix - voila
From: Douglas Anderson (dntdock.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 10:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

Some time ago I asked and received a lot of hints how to fix my intermittent fuel pump.  Thank you.

So I finally rolled her out of the garage and started to do voltage drop tests and so forth.  The Villain?  Read on.

In our 78 308 GTS (and I am sure the rest of the Ferrari Cavallino’s) the factory, by either imagination or law, decided to run the fuel pump wire from #3 left hand fuse block directly to the fuel pump.  Ah hah not so fast Guido.  Rule #27-496-a4 states if the vehicle is upside down the fuel pump must be cut off.  “Si. ovviamente lo faremo in questo modo.”  We’ll run the wire to a switch in the drivers seat – no driver weight – no pumpa.

What a pain the tuners ass.  A load of bricks . . . Orrrrr – a bypass loop.  And THAT was what my problem was: an intermitenly loose enough by-pass loop to sometimes cut out but most of the time run.

Push everthing back together – Voila.

We’re off.  Cheers
Doug