Re: This is what happens when……
From: Larry Bard (larrybardhotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 07:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
I generally agree, but it's a bit complicated. (That's not an excuse for the primary culprit -- a Ferrari driver who was recklessly speeding.) Happened a few days ago in Philadelphia, where I live, and I've read a bit about it (especially on FerrariChat). Was in connection with an annual charity event, and police apparently temporarily blocked "regular" traffic from a major thoroughfare (Vine Street Expressway) so that the "supercars" participating could have sole use of the highway on their route. Police evidently admitted the Ferraris, etc. too soon, in view of the crazy speeds adopted by some of them -- resulting in them catching up to the regular cars ahead, which (relatively speaking) were just as if standing still (probably speed differential of something like 100 MPH). So, yes, basic cause was stupid, insufficiently attentive driving by reckless speeders.