Re: Happy Fathers Day
From: Anthony Bauco (tbaucogmail.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:42:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sadly, I think most of us have lost our fathers.  You are fortunate to have had him as long as you did and were able to share your Ferrari experience with him.

I spent yesterday driving 6 hours to visit my son and work on his car.  I try to spend as much time as possible with then.

The summer before I left for college, my father was diagnosed with lung cancer.  That was in the 80s so treatment options weren't great.  He went through it all and was declared in remission.  It came back the summer before my junior year.  I was going to stay home but he said he didn't want me to and that he was going to go through the treatments again because he wanted to see me graduate.  He passed away in December.  It has been 32 years and that memory still hurts.  He only got through 8th grade in Italy and my mother only got through high school here.  My academic success was a big deal for them.  It has been tough to not have them around.  My kids missed out on grandparents that would have been beside themselves to watch them grow and become the young men they are now.