Re: Ferrari and Massimo Bottura Reopen Ristorante Cavallino in Italy – Robb Report
From: Anthony Bauco (tbaucogmail.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 19:56:19 -0700 (PDT)
When I go to Rome I eat with family and I visit the place where my ancestor fought.  I think they call it the Colosseo.  His day job was farming on the land just south of Rome gifted to him for his service in the Roman Army.  That was when he established the family surname, to the best of our knowledge.  They kept amazing records in ancient Rome.

As for food in Rome, yes, Lamb is classic Roman.  But so is Artichoke and Tripe.  IL Colibri makes insanely good fried Artichoke.  And be brave and try the Tripe when in Rome.  My aunt was the best cook in the region but, sadly, she passed away last year.  Not from Covid.  From Tetanus.  She cut herself while feeding the chickens.  Crazy.  Thankfully I got to visit her a few times over the years.