Re: Formula car school shout out
From: Peter Rychel (dino308gt4hotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 23:24:15 -0700 (PDT)

Are they still using Formula Fords?

I had a chance to drive my friend’s Van Diemen FF when he still lived in England. Him and his other club mates rented out the old runway at Brooklands and they all did “test-and-tuning” of their cars that day (this goes back to 2001, so this was the old Brooklands before Mercedes got their hands on it). I borrowed his spare suit and helmet and took it for a spin. What a blast. I had gotten used to the dog box transmission because of all the big-rig trucks I had been driving at work, so there was basically no learning curve -  just point and shoot.

I’d still love to do a proper, actual driving school like what you went through Mark. I still have a lot to learn...

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10