Re: Wow
From: Peter Rychel (dino308gt4hotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 20:22:27 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, because nearly all of the structures did catch on fire. Most of the town is wiped out.

This area along with the southern Okanagan region in central B.C. (our version of Napa Valley – the majority of our wineries and vineyards are located there) are known to be the hottest locations in the country. It’s not unusual to get temps in the 100*F range, but not this early in the season (typically end of July/beginning of August).

We were even affected here in Vancouver. I live and work just east of the city, in the Fraser Valley and we were 42*C (108*F) on Monday. What made it worse was the humidity.

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10