Voltage on 308 Wire for Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender
From: georgedodson (georgedodsoncomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 08:06:35 -0700 (PDT)
Has anyone ever made a measurement of the voltage for the Oil Pressure gauge
sender? This is the lead below the intake plenum that feeds the sender unit.
I have 12 V at the fuse
terminal B voltage feed line which powers the Oil Pressure gauge and switch,
but only 7.2V at the sender wire on top of the engine (grey/black)with the
sender disconnected, so no load from the sender. I am surprised that the
voltage is so low. Getting to the back of the gauge is a nightmare and I get
the same 7.2 volts on one of the connectors (unmarked) below and to the left
of the steering wheel column.

Regards,
George