Re: Voltage on 308 Wire for Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender
From: Peter Rychel (dino308gt4hotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 21:35:15 -0700 (PDT)

What’s the voltage when the engine is running? Probably still a big difference. That amount of voltage drop tells me there’s got to be a lot of corrosion at the various connector terminals along that circuit(s). In a perfect world, if it were a direct line from power source to the device, you should have the same voltage value at the end of that line. Every interruption you make (via a connector), you can create a problem like this if you have corrosion in the mix (corrosion caused by the dissimilar metals of the terminals and copper wire, electricity and 30+ years exposure to fallout from the air we breathe).

Or, you say you have 12V at the fuse. That’s where, when power goes in, or how about when it leaves the fuse box? You can get MASSIVE power drops from weak rivets holding the tabs together in those boxes. Current rises, voltage drops, heat builds...

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10