308 Alternator
From: Robert Garven (rgarvengmail.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Friends,

I found a really nice rebuilt alternator but it's 14v 65 amps. I know that's more than the factory rated one. Will this cause any damage to my electrical system or will it actually charge the battery better? That was hard to get off. I was smart enough last time I serviced the car to reverse the bolt holding the alternator to its bracket so you don't have to remove the dipstick tube, but still with the alternator heat shield in place it barely had enough room to slip off!

It's been a while since I did a major service and I'm amazed at how some of the prices and availability have changed!

Rob