Re: 308 Alternator
From: Peter Rychel (dino308gt4hotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 21:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

An alternator will typically put out 14V when running and I believe our cars were rated at 65 amps originally so you would be fine.

Someone flipped the bolt on my car like that even before I got it, so it’s always been easy to remove. It was the coolant pipe that was in the way which made it difficult to take out from the car! I was on a run changing out voltage regulators on a regular basis years ago that I figured out a way to do it while still in the car!

Yes, prices have jumped substantially in recent years as some components are getting harder to find (if at all). You don’t want to know how much complete Marelli distributors are going for nowadays... Hindsight is 20/20 and we should’ve bought up all of Dennis McCann’s stock back in 2007. $700 each would be a steal today!

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10