Re: I keep reading this about 308's
From: Hans E. Hansen (FListhanshansen.org)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 14:21:47 -0700 (PDT)
The GTS/GTB cars must be more difficult than the GT4.

I used a few short socket extensions.  Place the spark plug socket in
the cylinder head together with a 2" extension.  Then add another 2"
extension. and then another.  Break the plug loose with the ratchet.
Detach ratchet. Twist with fingers.  Pull out far enough to remove 1st
extension, then remove 2nd extension.  After that, the plug/socket
will come out.

Took me less than 5 minutes for all 4 on the forward bank.

The most time consuming part on the carb cars is removing the air
cleaner.  And keeping careful count of the nuts and washers to make
sure none slipped down a carb throat......

Hans.