Re: Halon
From: scott saidel (scott_saidelhotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
True but what a mess

Had to use powder on a muria engine fire once.  After the built in fire suppression system failed to work - that was what ‘my hero’ who ran from the building where I had come to rest - handed me.

Better than watching the car burn to the ground but Had to rebuild carbs and top end after complete disassembly for cleaning

Was an ugly and expensive mess

Fire itself caused little damage (because it was put out quickly)

Had the halon system worked might have had no fire and no mess

Scottie

Sent from my iPhone